Donald Trump Sues Univision for $500 Million

0
10

Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit against a Spanish-language TV network, over its decision to end its contract to broadcast the Miss USA pageant because of racist remarks.

Univision said last week it would not air the July 12 pageant because of what it called insulting remarks about Mexican immigrants made by Trump when he announced he was running for the Republican presidential nomination.

The billionaire businessman said he has filed a $500 million lawsuit against America’s largest Spanish-language broadcaster.

Donald Trump says, “Nothing that I stated was different from what I have been saying for many years. I want strong borders, and I do not support or condone illegal immigration. There is a high level of crime occurring in this country due to unchecked illegal immigration. This is a major security issue for the United States. Additionally, the terrible trade deals our government is routinely entering into with Mexico are causing great financial harm to our country. We are losing a huge number of jobs, manufacturing opportunities and money due to poorly negotiated trade deals, a fact that undisputable. That won’t happen if I become president— this disturbing trend will end and it will end quickly.”

He continued, “I have great respect for Mexico and love for the Mexican people and their tremendous spirit! However, their leaders and trade negotiators are far smarter than those representing the United States, and our citizens and economy are suffering greatly as a result. We have to remedy the situation and do it fast. These have long been my views and I have the courage, unlike many others, to express them. As a consequence of their inappropriate actions, Univision and NBC have abandoned fifty one wonderful young women who have come from all over the United States to pursue their dream of being crowned Miss USA. Their participation in this globally renowned pageant has come at great cost and after years of sacrifice and hard work. NBC and Univision have wronged them greatly. Mr. Trump added, “I want to tell these contestants that the show will go on and I will be in Baton Rouge on July 12th to support them.”

Facebook Comments