Rain And Increasing Winds Tonight Through Friday (Citywide)

0
211

NWS advises preparations for strong winds and showers developing late tonight and lasting through early Friday afternoon. An intensifying low pressure system moves through the Great Lakes region today, lifting a warm front through today, followed by a cold front later Friday. A widespread ¼ to ¾-inch rainfall is forecast from late tonight through Friday. Unreasonably warm temperatures are forecasted tonight through Friday ahead of an approaching cold front. Temperatures during this time are expected to be 10 to 15 degrees above normal.

Temperatures
Today: near steady temperatures in the mid-60s; lows in the lower 60s.
Friday: highs in the lower 70s; lows in the lower 50s.
Saturday: highs in the mid-60s; lows in the upper 40s.

Precipitation and Timing
There’s a 30 percent chance of showers today, but the chance of rain increases to near 100 percent tonight. A total of ½ to ¾ of an inch of rainfall is forecasted from tonight through late Friday with the heaviest period of rainfall occurring during the Friday morning rush hour. The heaviest rainfall will remain west and north of New York City. The chance of rain on Friday is 80 percent. Rain tapers off Friday night into Saturday morning with the chance of rain Friday night dropping to 20 percent. Any additional rain Friday night will be negligible.

Winds
Today: breezy; south winds 10 to 15 MPH; breezy also at night with a south wind 15 to 20 MPH, with gusts up to 30 MPH.
Friday: windy; southwest winds 15 to 25 MPH with gusts up to 40 MPH; west winds 5 to 10 MPH with gusts up to 20 MPH.
Saturday: north winds around 5 MPH becoming west in the afternoon.

Facebook Comments